Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fishing 1o-09 and 1o1o

4 posters

Go down

fishing 1o-09 and 1o1o Empty fishing 1o-09 and 1o1o

Post by Dennis Dunaway Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Well we headed out for the tourny sat with really no info so I headed to a old reliable spot of shore in 100 ft of water and a really good 10 ft ledge.Most people know Cripple rock area.Well put the lines out and the spread was great.We had a couple nice blues and some pogies that we had penned up.The bite was fast and furious all day.We caught several kings. I have now idea how many.We caught several 30 pound AJs.2 of the biggest barracuda you will ever see and both of them smoked the reel like a king.Most of the bites were on ribbonfish and get this dead bait.Live bait looked great but very few takers.We did have one though.We had a 2 pound bluefish on a long line and about 1030 a very nice Sailfish hit and started a very nice show.I decided to fight the fish and we chased it boated it and released it.We have some video I will try to post.
Well since I am one of those people that cant get enough.I went back there today and it was on again.I went for half a day and got several more kings and a couple Dolphin and yes a sailfish in the baits but did not hit . it was fun anyway.Also today another monster Barracuda.
Well the bait is sooooo thick out there I am going back in the morning if I can find someone to go.I have left messages.I hope someone can go.
Oh the kings all about 15-22 pounds.I know there is a monster out there.Ill try to get him tomorrow.

Dennis Dunaway

Back to top Go down

fishing 1o-09 and 1o1o Empty Re: fishing 1o-09 and 1o1o

Post by charlie neal Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:27 am

Nice going on the sail hope ya catch-em up.
charlie neal
charlie neal

Back to top Go down

Post by weekender Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:04 am

sounds like fun, thanks for sharing the report

weekender

Back to top Go down

Post by satisfied Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Great report Dennis, congrats on the sail. One of my favorite areas to fish. Hope you made it back out Monday.
satisfied
satisfied

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Dunaway Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:11 am

Couldnt find anyone to go monday so I took the small boat out and got some trout and flounder around Drum Inlet with my friend Larry.We then took the fillets to Batts grill and had them fried.It dont get no fresher than that

Dennis Dunaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down