Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010

3 posters

Go down

MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 Empty MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:03 pm

REEL FINATICAL
Thurs, Sept 23, 2010

Thursday's Reefcast showed light winds and a 2-3' sea in a long swell... that meant it was time to G-O F-I-S-H....!! Looked at Supermap SSTs and wanted to go to the Stream but considering Scott had to work that previous night, it would be DISASTER for him to come home at 1am, go right to bed, and then get up 2-3 hours later to go out that far...! SO, I settled for an offshore trip 40-45 miles ESE of MBI to some bottom structure and ledges we had discovered during the summer.

Headed out of here at 7am, flat ride for the most part with some speed bump swells... stopped along the way & sabiki'd up live baits on floatsome... even got some Rainbow Runners (first for me!)... Very scattered weeds and a handful of flyers. Water was clean green and 79ish degrees. Trolled for a awhile but nada on that so we switched out to the bottom drop gear.

Drifting was pretty easy (slow) and we only anchored once the entire day. Found even more spots that we marked for next time.!!

Results:

Red & Gag Grouper, Mingos, big Grunts, Pinkies, Jacks, (&sharks) on the bottom... Lost some monsters to the structure & I think some to sharks or cudas too. =/

Rainbow Runners (feeding on those tiny baitfish hanging on the jellies) & Cudas on top..!! During the ride in looked to be birds working FAs (?) but we didnt stop to thrown on em.

Back on the hill at 8pm, gave the boat a quick wash to 103.7 the Bone (Skynyrd.."The Breeze"...!!) & a good cold Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale, swatted some GNATS, cleaned the fish, & called it a nite!

FRESH FISH FRY TONIGHT..!! w00t..!!

Some Pics:

38" Jack
MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 006

RRs
MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 002

Scott's Gag & my new Homemade Gaff =D
MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 003

Shortie
MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 001

Leave at sunrise, back at dark... with good eating fish in the hold & gas leftover in the tank! It's a good thang..! =D
MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 007-1

Back to top Go down

MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 Empty Re: MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010

Post by mud minnow Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Nice report Amanda, good to see you were able to get out and enjoy a day on the water.
mud minnow
mud minnow

Back to top Go down

MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010 Empty Re: MBI: RF ~ Grouper + Mixed Bag ~ Thurs 9/23/2010

Post by grupedawg Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Nice report..Congrats on the catch! Grupedawg..yes! LOL!
grupedawg
grupedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbeamii Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Nice report and pics. Thanks.
jimbeamii
jimbeamii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down