Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10/13 beaufort inlet report.

2 posters

Go down

10/13 beaufort inlet report.  Empty 10/13 beaufort inlet report.

Post by shore thang Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Left after class this morning to do a little nearshore livebaiting to see if we could scratch out a king or 2. Had the boat in the water by 11 and headed straight to harkers where we had both livewells full of beautiful turbo pogies in no time. Headed out beaufort inlet only to be greeted with nasty grey looking water. Kind've knew thats how it was going to be. First stop was the dead tree hole fished there for about 45 minutes but decided to keep looking for some cleaner water. Next stop was the barge wreck. The water was a little bit cleaner but still very dirty and full of silt. No bites there after about an hour and a half so we decided to move in to the rock jetty at the Cape. Marked tons of bait, felt like i was bluefinning seing all the haystacks of bait. Ended up catching two four foot blacktips who came crashing through the spread and mauled our top lines. Fun day cruising around, with all the bait we marked off of bardens I know where I want to be when the water finally clears up.

shore thang

Back to top Go down

10/13 beaufort inlet report.  Empty Re: 10/13 beaufort inlet report.

Post by jimbeamii Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks for the report. Hopefully the water is good this weekend. It's starting to look that way.
jimbeamii
jimbeamii

Back to top Go down