Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 17 New River Inlet

3 posters

Go down

Sept 17  New River Inlet Empty Sept 17 New River Inlet

Post by Back-Lash Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:59 am

Dennis Dunaway & myself slid out of New River Friday afternoon ....... we caught bait pretty easy and were off , the Seas were building with a southwest swell & a wind chop . but we put the hammers down on that Fountain of Dennis "The Bodacious " made a 12 mile or so run toward the South .......... not long and fish on it turned out to be a spanish about 5 lbs or so , lines back in the water and the downrigger pops zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Marlin ....... Brown Marlin that is lol! quick action and the marlin is gone then a cobia comes into the baits but he is just not interested ........ then there is a Sailfish that cuts some water behind us ........ we turn the Bodacious around but no takers ,,,,,, by then the Ocean is starting to get nasty some of the swells are close to about 8ft so we head toward the hill ...... Not a great day fishing but a Great time by 2 friends that met from a fishing website last year . And did I mention it sure beats work !
Back-Lash
Back-Lash
Admin

http://www.backlashfishing.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Sept 17  New River Inlet Empty Re: Sept 17 New River Inlet

Post by grupedawg Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks for the report Eris...I'm staying on the hill this weekend. Too sporty for me..LOL!
grupedawg
grupedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Dunaway Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Eris it was a good time.I think we would have did better if we had got there earlier.It was good to see the bait stacked up.I was everywhere 2 weeks ago and the only thing on the machine all day was my downrigger balls.The bait is back the kings will be here to.See ya soon

Dennis Dunaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down