Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe a Greet List?

+2
Hunter's Haven
Libra
6 posters

Go down

Maybe a Greet List? Empty Maybe a Greet List?

Post by Libra Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:34 am

Looks like we have a number that are joining the forum but not making an initial post so they can be welcomed. Thoughts about listing those screen names so we can welcome them aboard?
Libra
Libra

Back to top Go down

Maybe a Greet List? Empty Re: Maybe a Greet List?

Post by Hunter's Haven Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 am

There are around a hundred members who joined and haven't posted for whatever reason. Maybe they just want to look. They are considered to be inactive. I don't see a need to put their name on a list. Eris did create a thread asking everyone to introduce themselves. If I see someone actively posting that has not introduced themselves I send them a pm asking that they do so in order for us to become acquainted with them.

Hunter's Haven

http://www.huntershaventaxidermy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Libra Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:08 am

Understand. Just a thought to make new members feel welcomed. If there are over 100 that fall into that category, that just might make a difference in participation. Just my .02.
Libra
Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by Back-Lash Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:21 am

All we can do is ask . no matter what board you will have those who lurk and just read the post . that makes up the board also. at somepoint they may have something to add . I just know this board has taken off at a much faster rate than we could ever imagine. We have also recieved a lot of postive comments about our board . How far will this board go only the sky is the limit . We have some of the best people in the fishing community visiting us. There is 1 thing forsure this will never be mine. me, I . This board is ours & together we will have 1 of the best places we call home on the internet !
Thank you all
Back-Lash
Back-Lash
Admin

http://www.backlashfishing.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Libra Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 am

Eris - My only point was that we welcome the new members by screen name.. and we all know that most of us will know some personally, and we can greet them. Didn't go over well, so let it ride.
Libra
Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoozyadaddy Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 pm

I lurk on a lot of forums and don't have a user account on some and just go in as a guest. After a while if I feel that is a place I can contribute, I'll signup and comment or ask question. Over time I find that joining comfort level and also find some are not for me going my merry way.

This forum rocks and if you notice I don't post as much as lurking. I lurk on most forums I'm an admin on more than posting. Some forums I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut, who would have ever thunk that. Maybe a Greet List? Sleep
Hoozyadaddy
Hoozyadaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Back-Lash Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 pm

All is good Don !
Back-Lash
Back-Lash
Admin

http://www.backlashfishing.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Libra Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:41 pm

I know.. I'm just lurking. Smile
Libra
Libra

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzo Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:07 am

I'm one of those lurkers. Hope I don't get banned here for asking specific questions about sponors products like I did a couple of years ago on another NC board.

gonzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Welcome to the site Gonzo . As far as asking specific questions that pertains to something relevent . We have no problems .
What is not nor will be allowed on this site is . Attacks whether personal or to a sponsor . Disrespect to anyone , any club, any fishing team or business .
The admins & mods of this board all agree that the language will not be filthy or sexual oriented due to the likelyhood of men,women, husbands,wives,sons,daughters boys,girls or grandkids sponsors , potential sponsors, & manufactures reading the board.
We also expect our admin / mods to act respectful to anyone whether on this board or on another board.
This is our board be proud of what has been acomplished in a very short while . and lets make it grow to the best Kingfish & Offshore fishing board we can offer !
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kingfishcarolinas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter's Haven Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:08 pm

gonzo wrote:I'm one of those lurkers. Hope I don't get banned here for asking specific questions about sponors products like I did a couple of years ago on another NC board.

We welcome you Gonzo. be sure to drop in the meet and greet and introduce yourself. We'd like to get to know you.

Hunter's Haven

http://www.huntershaventaxidermy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down