Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just wanting good king info

5 posters

Go down

just wanting good king info Empty just wanting good king info

Post by sp8hardwood Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am

I know its late in the year but like getting new info on kings and albacore. we go out of bogue or morehead mostly. fishing on a 23 wellcraft. Older one i restored and just getting into the king on my own vessel. Have been out with others but finally had to scratch this itch for my own boat

sp8hardwood

Back to top Go down

just wanting good king info Empty Re: just wanting good king info

Post by Back-Lash Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Travis this could be 1 of the biggest threads ever started .
Just because it is late in the year does not mean that fishing is fixing to slow up. Infact the fall fishing can be some of the best in the Carolina's as anywhere in the world .
Since you are targeting morehead or bogue inlet . you have to determine your spot of where you want to fish . A good Depth Sounder & a VHF Radio & GPS
and since it is Nov 1 word, I would think about is East Side . I like live bait just as many many others do but that is what I call a science , a combo between rods, reels, line, and live bait rigs . with live bait rods most of us use a 7ft light/ med action rods & reels like the penn 545. shimano speedmasters , ect ...... and most of us use either 15 or 20lb test line . A lot of us use treble hooks that are size #6 or #4 in the 4x strength ....... just remember you can not put but so much pressure on these hooks as they will pull free from a kingfish' mouth ........ then you have to decide if you are gonna run them nekkied or with a skirt . if you ask 20 people they will give you a different answer , but I like the skirts by Fishizzle Tackle & Blue Water Candy .
Or you can pull dead baits ie cigar minnows and kingfish will sometimes eat them when they want nothing else and this is the Bomb esp this time of the year and 1 thing I can say is Pirate Plug from South Chatham Tackle . this makes pulling dead bait easy and makes the novice look like a pro
Back-Lash
Back-Lash
Admin

http://www.backlashfishing.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sp8hardwood Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Question i have all my rigging, even down to the pirate plugs. I am an avid customer at neuse and reel outdoors...lol. How far out am i needing to go? Do i have to head to lookout? Also want to do some wreck fishing. is there any aj's hanging around? Load of questions huh?lol

sp8hardwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Back-Lash Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:03 pm

this weekend the tacklebox tourney is going on , I have not fished morehead yet this year ........ but ther can be fish at the dead tree hole , clay bottom those are right off the beach or NW Places, Triple Nickle , east rock , George summerlin reef , 30 minute rock , 1700 rock if it is pretty kings can be almost anywhere this time of year
Back-Lash
Back-Lash
Admin

http://www.backlashfishing.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua Loco Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm

If you ever fish down in the long bay area ( i.e. cape fear, and south ) feel free to get in touch. I would be glad to help if I can.

Aqua Loco

Back to top Go down

Post by amparke4 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 pm

If you are still looking for them this year I would look at Fryingpantower and go to the bluewater supermap. look at the sst charts and find some 68-71 degree water, hit that break on the east side and you will be on them. But, if you are looking forward to next year... they will make a short run in the spring, hang out offshore on grouper holes all summer and show back up on the beach (HOPEFULLY!!!) sometime towards the end of September. The east side holds kings most of the year, due to the amout of bait and depth of water so quickly over there. just keep up with the site and you will have good locations to start trying to find them and when it's time. If you would like to buddy boat, network or need someone to ride with you I have no problem with any of that. Just pm me and I will give you any help that I can. Good luck!
amparke4
amparke4

Back to top Go down

Post by BoutTime2Fish Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 am

sp8hardwood: I live here in Emerald and I see you know The Reel Outdoors, a great place to get info. not only from Greg and his staff, but some of the "old salts" like myself that "wonder" in there from time to time.
Use this site often, It is a great place to meet other "king fishing addicts", gather info., etc. Check out all of the sections of this forum and welcome aboard... Cool
BoutTime2Fish
BoutTime2Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down