Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I

5 posters

Go down

Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I Empty Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I

Post by harleyboy Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:50 am

This is a 55.5 lb. Cobia that I caught while live bait fishing for Kings/Dolphin on SE Bottoms out of Bogue Inlet. It took about 45 minutes to get him in and my buds were telling me just to brake him off because it was a shark. I didn't give up and we all enjoyed some of the best meals off that fish. I'm the one with the goat.

Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I 100_0012
harleyboy
harleyboy

Back to top Go down

Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I Empty Re: Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I

Post by Reel thrill Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:45 am

Very nice fish, and goat. You caught that yesterday?
Reel thrill
Reel thrill

Back to top Go down

Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I Empty Re: Cobia caught at SE Bottom out of Bogue I

Post by harleyboy Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:48 am

No, I caught it in May last year. I wish they were out there to catch right now. My first outside fishing will be Bonita in about 3 weeks, I hope.
harleyboy
harleyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by grupedawg Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 am

Nice'n... Very Happy
grupedawg
grupedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by weekender Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:47 pm

NICEUN! bet that was fun on the king rig, a dang good tug!!!!

weekender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Nice shark!! Razz Throw ur friends overboard next time they say break it off!! just kidding... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by harleyboy Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am

After fighting him for 35 minutes and finally getting him to the top we saw another fish with him. My buds wanted to throw some plugs at him and try to get him to bite. I told them if they did and I lost this fish they were going overboard. When I got him by the boat to gaff him the other one was still right beside him. They also wanted to gaff the other one but a fresh fish that hasn't fought for 45 minutes would have pulled them out of the boat. I did weigh him in at Dudley's in Swansboro and got a citation for him. I think over 40 lbs is a citation cobia.
harleyboy
harleyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by team oldschool Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:02 am

Won't be much longer for Cobia, They are already showing up off of Hilton Head at the "Betsy Ross". We generally start fishing for them when the azaleas start blooming and my yard is now purple and white with the flowers.

team oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down