Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NC meeting on striped bass open to public

Go down

NC meeting on striped bass open to public Empty NC meeting on striped bass open to public

Post by weekender Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 am

here is an email I just received 2/9/11 about striped bass in NC waters, please attend the meeting if possible.

"I am writing in response to your e-mail regarding your concerns about North Carolina’s striped bass fishery.

The ocean striped bass commercial trawl fishery is currently closed in North Carolina and will not reopen until after the N.C. Marine Fisheries Commission meets this week. The commission is slated to review the striped bass incidents that occurred, the state’s response to them and what direction to take in management of this fishery.

The commission meets Feb. 10-11 at the Clam Digger Inn, 511 Salter Path Road, Pine Knoll Shores. The meeting is open to the public, and I encourage you to attend. Public comment periods are set for 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 10 and 8:15 a.m. Friday, Feb. 11.

The commission will be informed of the numerous e-mails and phone calls the Division of Marine Fisheries has received regarding this issue.

I also anticipate putting out a news release following the meeting, most likely early next week. You may look for it on the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries website at http://www.ncfisheries.net/ under the News & Information link."

weekender

Back to top Go down