Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

reelaxin 10-10-10

Go down

reelaxin 10-10-10

Post by Stevethepirate on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:24 pm

About a month or so ago my brother texted me asking if he and his girlfriend could come fishing offshore. First times hes ever asked! We have been trying to find a nice day, but kept cancelling. Im glad we waited. Water was FLAT! Headed out 18 miles, first drop, my brother hooks up with a nice 10# gag, then his girlfriend hooked up with a short gag (yes, im next to my brother fishing, and not catching) After feeling left out, i caught a few grunts and assorted bottom fish, and my brother gets a nice trigger up to the boat. Moved spots, steadily picking fish, and i drop down and BAMMM! something big!! It was almost dead weight, circling around. Well this dead "weight" turned out to be HUGE shark! ATLEAST 8'. After snapping a few pics (waiting on my brothers girlfriend to email them to me) we cut the line, and back down he goes. A few minutes my brother hooks up BAM! Dead weight again, get it up, huge shark. Same EXACT shark i hooked a few minutes earlier. Dumb shark. Next spot my dad was bottom fishing, hooks up, fish came up... KING?!?! Yeah. 12# king bottom fishing. Great day overall, mess of fish, first time in awhile we got to spend some family time. Inlet was sketchy as crap on the way in, and on the way out (topsail inlet)

Stevethepirate

Back to top Go down

Re: reelaxin 10-10-10

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Nice report... big sharks are fun fight, imo! =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevethepirate on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh yeah! Real fun! After i released it my brother caught it, half way up he goes "F$%K, I GIVE UP!" So i finished the fight. And his girlfriends default picture on FB is her gag. Guess they had fun!

Stevethepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum