Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !
Carolina Kingfish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/5 Report off Topsail

5 posters

Go down

9/5 Report off Topsail Empty 9/5 Report off Topsail

Post by grupedawg Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:25 pm

I had the opportunity to fish with Dave & Mark on Sunday. We found bait (mullet) schools running inside Richies inlet and netted some nice 5-6 inch ones that were all schooled up. We head out with a nice full livewell and looking forward to 2-3ft sea's with a 9 sec swell...LOL! uh..dunno what happened but it was rather sporty fishing on Sunday. We headed out to some bottom structure just off the 362 bouy and anchored up. We set out a flat line with a big fat mullet that swam for hours and nuttin...we dropped baits and Mark gets broke off three times within about an hours time. Dave drops a double rig and bam he reels in a 23 inch Gag Grouper. Shocked I drop down about an hour later with gruper rig and bam...reel in a 22 inch Gag. Rolling Eyes We pack it in and slow troll our way back to richies. Long line pops...zing...stops...zing again...he's on....Man a 3ft shark. We get the lines back in and and catch 2 more brown marlins. Finally, we get hit on a hank brown rig with a green skirted cigar minnow....its a 25 inch Spanish. Trolled for 6 miles..packed them in and headed to the dock. Had a great time fishing with friends although we had 2 gag releases and a spanish for the grill. Will post some pics later...
grupedawg
grupedawg

Back to top Go down

9/5 Report off Topsail Empty Re: 9/5 Report off Topsail

Post by rylee girl Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 am

cool deal man at least your able to get out to give a report. I am landlocked for another weak. lol
rylee girl
rylee girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatever Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:29 am

Looks like you guys stayed busy and had a little fun...Never say no to a nice Spanish on the grill... Smile
Whatever
Whatever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter's Haven Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks for the report from my neighborhood! It's gotta be gettin time for those kings to start up again. Somebody's catchin somewhere, just not here Sad

Hunter's Haven

http://www.huntershaventaxidermy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Dunaway Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:30 pm

I fished this day to.It was a bit sporty.I ran all over Christmas,Honeymoon,E buoey,I had pretty baits and never had a strike except sharks.I went again on monday just to catch some Spanish but caught 15 blues that I threw in the bait tank and headed of shore.It was also crappy.I was by myself so I threw 3 baits out all with skirts and doubled up on sailfish.I had a fun hour.The east winds made it tough.I was glad to see it change to W even though I had to leave town.I fished 20 hours and no kings,a few blues,few spanish 1 sail landed 1 lost.I still was glad to be out there.

Dennis Dunaway

Back to top Go down

Post by grupedawg Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks, Dennis...I know what you mean but congrats on the sail! Very Happy
grupedawg
grupedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter's Haven Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:01 am

Great Job on the sails Dennis! Worst part about going solo is you don't get the pics. I talked to a friend of mine this week who went out last Sunday to alot of the same places you mentioned and they fished all day with no kings to show for it. He said they couldn't even catch bait at the buoys. The temps are coming down and the bite will turn on. I'm giving it till the first of the week then will try again.

Hunter's Haven

http://www.huntershaventaxidermy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down