Carolina Kingfish
Carolina's King Mackerel Series .......... The Trail Begins !

The "Reelaxin" was tired of reelaxin!

Go down

The "Reelaxin" was tired of reelaxin!

Post by Stevethepirate on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

We hit the inlet around 7, and headed out to a new area for us. Saw some traps out there in 70'. Headed out a little bit and saw some live bottom, all seaweed. Dropped anchor, used chicken rigs the first drop. I saw my dad reaching for his grouper rod, and i read his mind. Brought along some live pins since ive never used them before. Dad used boston mackreal, and i used a live pin. Dad gets hooked up, nice gag, a little short. I get a big hit, 25". Next drop for me, got a HUGE hit, half way up, broke off Evil or Very Mad An easy 15# fish. The other guy we were fishing with wanted to keep catching grunts and pinkies, even pulled up a nice Jolthead. My dad were non stop catching gags. Drop down another pin, small hit, probabally a small BSB. Get him up a little bit, and BAMM!!! Huge hit! Didnt fight like a shark, get it up, there was a BSB on the hook, along with a ~12# gag ON THE SAME HOOK! Didnt have the camra. Waiting for the other guy to email me the pic. Really cool. My dad pulled in a nice gag, about the same size. After limiting out in 20 minutes, my dad was getting heart broken from releasing all these nice gags. We moved to another spot to pick up smaller fish. Got some nice pinkies, BSB, grunts, etc. Last spot, anchor was stuck, got it up, bent. Oh well. All in all, fantasic day grouper groping. We were confused on what to do after we limited out at ~10:00, didnt want to head in. We have never had that problem before! Pictures are on Fryingpantower.com.

Stevethepirate

Back to top Go down

Re: The "Reelaxin" was tired of reelaxin!

Post by Hunter's Haven on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Way to go Steve! That's gettin er done cheers

Hunter's Haven

http://www.huntershaventaxidermy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevethepirate on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:45 pm

We deffinatly got "er" done! About 5 times over Wink

Stevethepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wind on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:28 am

Good Job
Midnight Wind

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevethepirate on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks midnight. That area was deffinatly HOT! Im thinking about joining the grouper part of the KMT for this website.

Stevethepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down